A scoped rifle available for the Terrorist side, the SG 553 excels in long-range engagements. Its first-shot accuracy when scoped is extremely high, and it has a strong armor penetration. However, it's more expensive than the AK-47 and has a learning curve due to its unique spray pattern.
April 10, 2020
- SG553 – Reduced rate of fire and accuracy to bring the weapon’s value to be more in line with other rifles.
November 18, 2019
- Increased price of SG553 to $3000 to bring its price more in line with its value.
October 9, 2018
- SG553 price reduced to $2750
September 28, 2016
- Increased fidelity and reduced distortion in fire sounds for Famas, Galil, Aug, SG553, M4A4, M4A1-S, unsilenced M4A1-S, and AK47.
July 27, 2016
- Added tracers to alt fire on Aug, Sg, Glock, and Famas.
February 20, 2014
- [AUG and SG553]
- Scope dot no longer fades too quickly during online play.
- Scope dot is slightly more visible against bright backgrounds.
- Scope dot is now tinted using the player’s crosshair color settings.
February 12, 2014
- Reduced AUG and SG553 scoped run speeds
- Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
February 5, 2014
- Improved SG553 and AUG rates of fire.
June 26, 2013
- Further adjustments to the AUG/SG553.
June 19, 2013
- Tuned the AUG and SG553 to function more effectively as a rifle/sniper hybrid.
|Chest / Arm||29||29|
Rate Of Fire
545 per minute
263 per second
30 / 90