The AWP is the quintessential sniper rifle in the CS series, renowned for its one-shot-kill capability against armored enemies. High-risk and high-reward, its tremendous stopping power is balanced by its hefty price tag and slow rate of fire. It's most effective in the hands of a skilled marksman who can hold angles and eliminate key targets, fundamentally changing the dynamics of a round.
November 18, 2022
- AWP magazine size reduced from 10 bullets to 5.
February 24, 2020
- AWP crouching movement acceleration is now constant and will not spike after firing a shot.
March 31, 2015
- Lowered scoped movement values for AWP and Autosnipers.
August 28, 2014
- Scaled back scope effects for AWP and SSG08, now that it uses accurate accuracy/recoil values.
- Fixed scope zoom pops in various places (on ladders, etc).
- Removed scope effect view fov scaling that used to match incorrect accuracy values (was in 8/27/14 patch).
January 23, 2013
- The AWP's kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.
August 10, 2012
- Increased the duration of the AWP deploy animation to 1.25 seconds.
|Chest / Arm||115||112|
Rate Of Fire
41 per minute
76 per second
5 / 30