- P's cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds anytime Maokai casts an ability or is struck by an enemy ability.
- Qalso knocks back nearby enemies.
- E's placed in brushes last longer and deal double damage to enemies.
- Ereveals the affected area.
- R's root lasts longer based on distance traveled and grants Maokai bonus movespeed when an enemy champion is rooted.
- Guarantees finding picks withW's targeted root.
- E's help set up objective plays and can act as free wards.
- Rdoubles as a zoning tool to block enemies off from areas.
- Excels with items that enhance his tankiness, crowd control, and sustain.
- Completely immobile, leaving him vulnerable to ganks.
- Qis his main trading and waveclearing tool. When used for one, he can't do the other.
- E's damage is unreliable, and most enemies can outrun Saplings.
- Vulnerable to Grievous Wounds, which significantly reduce his healing capabilities.